地址：Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures
New York, NY 10027
电话: (212) 854-7036
Ph.D. in Linguistics, University of Florida, May 1996
M.A. in History of Chinese Language, Shaanxi Normal University, China, December 1984
B.A. in Chinese Language and Literature, Shaanxi Normal University, China, December 1981
Historical Linguistics and Discourse Grammar, University of Cologne, Germany, 1994-1995
Teaching Chinese as a Second Language (for certificate), Beijing Language Institute, China, 1987
Advanced Studies in Ancient Chinese, Zhongshan University, Guangzhou, China, 1984-1985
Books and Textbooks:
1. Handbook for Teachers Training in TCSOL,co-authored with Shengli Feng, Ling Yan and Yongping Zhu.Beijing Language University Press, Beijing. 2016
2. Proceeding of the First International Conference on Modern Linguistics and Chinese Education, co-edited with Chengzhi Chu, Beijing Language and Culture University Press, Beijing, 2016
3. Studying in China, Co-edited with Yongping Zhu, an intermediate Chinese textbook by Peking University Press, 2014
4. Approaching China, Co-authored with Ling Yan, an elementary Chinese textbook by Peking University Press, 2015
5. A Course on Intercultural Communication, Co-edited with Huimei Liu, Higher Education Press, Beijing, 2013
6. Experiencing China, Co-edited with Yongping Zhu, Peking University Press, Beijing, 2013.
7. Contemporary Chinese Reader, Co-authored with Ling Yan, Peking University Press, Beijing, 2011.
8. International Standards for Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages. Co-author, Foreign Language Study and Teaching Publisher, Beijing, 2007.
9. Everyday Chinese, Co-author, Thompson, Singapore and New York, Thompson Publications, 2006.
10. Pedagogical Chinese Grammar, (ongoing project to be published by Beijing Language University Press, Beijing, 2017)
11. Legal Chinese. Co-authored with Jinghua Li, Beijing, Foreign Language Study and Teaching Publisher, Beijing, 2007.
12. A Primer of Classical Chinese. Co-authored with Wei Shang (manuscripts to be published by Columbia University Press).
13. A Primer of Chinese. Co-authored with Irene Liu, Duanduan Li, Hailong Wang and Zhirong Wang, New York, Columbia University Press, 2003.
14. The Grammaticalization of Chinese Conjunctive Adverbs. The University of Michigan Press, microfilm publication of Ph. D. dissertation, Ann Arbor, MI, 1996.
15. A Concise Dictionary of Chinese Traditional Linguistics. Co-authored with Qin-na Guo, Anshun Hu and Jing Liu, Xi'an: Shaanxi People's Press, 1990.
16. A Study of <Zhuo An Yun Wu>. M.A. thesis on early Qing Mandarin, Beijing: Zhonghua Book House, 1988.
1.“Discourse Consideration in Teaching Chinese Grammar”, Journal of International Chinese Education, Vol. 1, 2013
2.“Study of Chinese Futurity”, Journal of Chinese Linguistics, in press.
3.“Theories and Practice of Business Chinese”. Journal of Chinese Language Studies. Vol. 4. 2010
4.“Genre, Style and Discourse Cohesion”. <Pedagogy of Advanced Chinese>, Beijing Language University Press 2006.
5. “The Grammaticalization of Chinese Adverb jiu”. <Studies on Chinese Language History>, Vol.4. Shanghai, Commercial Press, 2004.
6.“Literature, Culture and Language Teaching.” <Proceedings of the Conference on the Future
of Chinese Pedagogy>, Taipei, Press of National Taiwan Normal University, 2005.
7.“Prosody and Chinese Grammar.” <Collection of Papers at Harvard Symposium>, Beijing Language University Press, Beijing, 2004.
8.“Movable Adverbs, Conjunctions and Grammaticalization of Discourse Functions.” Co-author: Chauncey Chu. Focus on Linguistics, Vol.5, 1996.
1.“A Chinese Grammar for English Speakers”, Columbia University Press, 2013
2.“Introduction to Classical Chinese.” Chen and Tsui Publisher, 2009.
3.“Chinese for Legal Professionals.” Yale University Press, 2008.
4.“A Textbook for AP Chinese.” Columbia University Press, 2007.
5.“Dictionary of Chinese Idiomatic Expressions.” Columbia University Press, 2006.
HONORS AND GRANTS
-Editor, Journal of Chinese Linguistic and Cultural Studies (since 2016)
-Editor, Journal of Chinese for Heritage Learners (since 2013)
-Standing Committee Member, International Association of Chinese Linguistics, elected in May, 2007.
-Standing Committee Member, International Society for Chinese Language Teaching, elected in July, 2005.
-Member of the Advisory Board of the North American Center for Chinese Research and Instruction (since 2010)
-Special Adviser to Hanban (since 2005)
-Visitor of review committee, Department of East Asian Languages and Civilizations, Harvard University, 2010
-Visitor of review committee, Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures, Cornel University, 2009
-Visitor of review committee, Chinese Language Program, Yale University, 2011
-Adviser to the Center of Chinese Teaching Materials of Zhongshang University (since 2009)
-Advisor to the Center of Business Chinese of Shanghai Finance and Economics University (since 2010)
-Advisor to the Center of Chinese Teachers Training of Yunnan Normal University (since 2013)
-Visiting Professor to Lingnan University (Hong Kong), Vassar College, University of Macau
-Guest Professor of New York University, Nankai University, Huaqiao University, Beijing Language and Culture University, Minzu University of China, and Qujiang Chair Professor of Shaanxi Normal University.
-Outstanding Teacher Award, 1989, Shaanxi Normal University.
-Research Funds for Chinese Pedagogy ($60,000), Confucius Institute Headquarters, Hanban, 2009-2011.
-Conference Grant, organizing the 14th International Association of Chinese Linguistics meeting, May 2007, Chinag Ching-kuo Foundation ($10,000), Consortium for Language Teaching and Learning ($2000), Columbia University Language Resource Center ($1000), 2007.
-Conference Grant, organizing the International Symposium on Research and Pedagogy in Classical Chinese and Chinese Language History, Chinag Ching-kuo Foundation ($20,000), 2003.
-Conference Grant, organizing the Third International Conference and Workshop on Technology and Chinese Language Teaching, Chinag Ching-kuo Foundation, Consortium for Language Teaching and Learning, ($24,000) May 28-30, 2004.
-Conference Grant, co-organizing the Conference on Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language in the New Century, National Council on Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language, ($26,000) Beijing, Dec. 25-28.
-Project Grant, A Premier of Classical Chinese, Consortium for Language Teaching, ($4500) 2005.
-Conference Grant, organizing the Second Columbia International Symposium on Research and Pedagogy in Classical Chinese and Chinese Language History, Chinag Ching-kuo Foundation, National Council on Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language, ($30,000) 2005.
-Project Grant, A Premier of Chinese, Consortium for Language Teaching and Learning, ($5000) 1998.
-Graduate Teaching Assistant Scholarship, 1990-1993, University of Florida.
International Society for Chinese Language Teaching
Modern Language Society of America
International Association of Chinese Linguistics
Chinese Language Teachers Association of America
Mandarin Chinese English German Japanese